Pal

Global part notes

Question

Hi

If you click on a part in a part list, there is a note section with storage location and general notes.
If you search for a part and click to get the part details (or click on the full part details link above), there is no note section.

It means that notes are specific to the list item (and color). It also means it's very hard to get to the notes - you have to find the specific list item first, which you can not do through searching.

Since I store my parts by type (independent of set / color / list), my feature request (wish) would be to have the same kind of notes section on the full part details page - where it would be independent of set / color / list. Then it would be easy to find - just search for the part and there it is.

Regards
/P

3 answers to this question

Hi!

I love this idea. It allows to simply click on a set and you know where to search the parts.

And: You don't have to store your parts in categories any more, because you will find the part you are looking for always very fast, no matter how often it changes its position.

Best regards

Tettzo

Edit: actually I hoped, that this was already implemented and I haven't found it. 

Edited by Tettzo

I thought so too - either that there was global part notes hidden somewhere, or that there was a way to click from the full details page to the individual list items page (for instance by clicking the amount numbers in the color / list item matrix) - but I haven't found anything.

As long as the detailed notes remain I have no problem adding alternative notes on each higher level for these kind of notes. Because you usually start out with category sorting then part sorting then part + color sorting  as the collection grows. It's good to support all sizes of collections.