Motorized Ski Lift

FOLLOWERS

Simple and easy to build Ski Lift

*This is a basic, simple and really easy to build ski lift.
*It can be mounted as a chair lift for "hills" and it also works great on flat grounds.
*It can be used as a transportation system in your Lego City.
*It uses a single M-Motor geared down 24:1

Some Information: I used a string that is a little bit elastic. There are two types of knots that I tried for securing the chairs. Both perform different and if you are interested in building this, you may want to try both and see which one suits your setup best.

I don't recommend to tight the string too much, but I think that depends on the kind of string you are using. I guess you have to experiment.

BTW, this ski lift can be mounted on a flat surface, too. There are instructions for both assemblies: Flat and inclined ground.
Login to hide ads!

MOC-10233

Name Motorized Ski Lift
Designer dagupa
Designed 2017
Inventory 310
Theme Technic

13 COMMENTS

• 4 months, 2 weeks ago timbeggs (336)
    Thanks for the great design.  I made some minor modifications to the seats and guide wheels.  I also added platforms, signs and towers to create the Sky Rider (see photos).  This is a great addition to my ever growing amusement park. Thanks again.
    • 4 months, 1 week ago dagupa (7K) MOC Designer DESIGNER
      The seats look more comfortable now. I saw that you added a tower, also. Your parks looks nice. Thank you for posting the pictures.
  • 1 year, 5 months ago Jonnyoxford (47)
    HI,

I have just built this, looks great. Now waiting for some string and a battery pack to arrive! On page 63 of the instructions there is a white piece that looks a bit like a shark fin. Its not on the inventory what is it?
    • 1 year, 4 months ago dagupa (7K) MOC Designer DESIGNER
      Hello. I'm sorry for the late response. I was on vacation.It's this piece.It's kind of an important piece because it aligns the string. I just added it to Rebrickable. It's already in the PDF.
      Thank you for your comment.
  • 1 year, 9 months ago cucina (40)
    Hi all , maybe i will do it... just want to know one additional info : are the pieces for the 'legs' included in the list ? If not have you a part list?
    • 1 year, 9 months ago dagupa (7K) MOC Designer DESIGNER
      Hello.I guess you are referring to the columns, they are part 95347 (Support 2 x 2 x 10).They are there just for display purposes. With that configuration those columns won’t be able to hold the station in place, they will collapse as soon as you apply tension to the string.
      • 1 year, 9 months ago cucina (40)
        OK , i understand ... and i also realize thereason. Will see at first order the pieces , and after i make pictures  ;-)
        Thanks for your answer
  • 2 years, 1 month ago DLuders (19K) MOC Designer
    I wonder if Braided Fishing Line would work better than string.  It's very strong and durable.
    • 2 years, 1 month ago dagupa (7K) MOC Designer DESIGNER
      Now that you pointed out, I not sure what I use it's called "string". I use this:
      https://bricksafe.com/files/dagupa/others/ebvarias/IMG_5130.JPG
      The diameter is 0.6 mm
      I googled Braided Fishing Line and I think it'd work well in this model. It says the diameter is 1,25mm. That is perfect for the tire "grip".
      I guess It won't slip since its surface is not smooth. But I can't try since I don't have any.
  • 2 years, 1 month ago J_C (736) MOC Designer
    That is really cool!
    • 2 years, 1 month ago dagupa (7K) MOC Designer DESIGNER
      It's very fun to build. Are you going to build it? If you do, please post some pics. Finding the correct string and tension it's a little
      tricky.
to your account to add or reply to comments.
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Submitted by timbeggs July 27, 2019