Leaning Tricycle

FOLLOWERS

A leaning tricycle powered by buwizz, steering by leaning with a servomotor, drive by a RC motor. Suspension on both wheels, inspired by leaning tricycle by Btwin in Medium bleu color. Building Instructions available for free on my blog.

Login to hide ads!

MOC-12718

Name Leaning Tricycle
Designer Nico71
Designed 2018
Inventory 543 parts
Theme Technic

20 COMMENTS

• 2 months, 2 weeks ago Ronald Level 11
    I've built it and it's awesome!
    The steering works well and it's nice and fast! On buwizz fast mode it's really really nice! I used a couple longer axles for the rear drive so I could add some half bushings.
    By the way, you don't need to have exactly these 3 wheels. Just like in the photos above the front wheels are different than rear wheel. They have the same dimensions but the rear wheel is from the Ducati. And maybe you can use even more different bike wheels but I am not sure if the 3 pin steering hub will work with other wheels.
    Totally recommend to build!
  • 4 months ago Ronald Level 11
    This thing is soooooo cool!!! Love it! Great build!
    I was thinking of buying a Buwizz battery and now I am sure. I have some buggy motors so....
  • 4 months, 1 week ago astyanax Level 12 PRO
    Built it in red, great fun! Due to its speed, play easily gets rough, and I found the model has several points where it's structurally too weak for such roughness: the gears holding the chain easily come off their axles, the small turntable easily comes loose, and the steering arms easily pop off. I managed to apply all the necessary reinforcements though, so all is great!
    • 4 months, 1 week ago Nico71 Level 20 Designed this MOC DESIGNER
      Thanks for the comment, feedback appreciated !
      • 4 months, 1 week ago astyanax Level 12 PRO
        Let me just emphasize that it was all my fault: I allowed my 3yo daughter to race it around inside the house, so yes, there was a lot of high-speed crashing into furniture. I would not expect any MOC designer to account for such torture!
        • 4 months, 1 week ago Nico71 Level 20 Designed this MOC DESIGNER
          No problem at all, I know in any case that the rear suspension is a bit too weak with the speed and the single arm :)
  • 1 year, 4 months ago JanBassett Level 13 MOC Designer PRO
    Thanks for this design, I've added a couple of photos of the 1 I built.
    I found identifying the correct tricky in a few of the photos, eg shaft and beam lengths but managed to build it in the end.
    I noted the inventory called for 2x 32065 Technic Beam 1 x 7 Thin but found no use for them; however, I did end up needing 2x 32063 Technic Beam 1 x 6 Thin which weren't listed.

Anyway thanks again for the design, looks great
    • 1 year, 4 months ago Nico71 Level 20 Designed this MOC DESIGNER
      Indeed, this is for the seat, I have replace it by the 1x6 thin. You can also use 2x 1x3 liftarm black if you do not have the correct parts. Thank you for the word.
  • 2 years, 1 month ago blueseed Level 14
    could you rebuild with L motor? monster motor is crazy expensive!
    • 2 years, 1 month ago Nico71 Level 20 Designed this MOC DESIGNER
      Of course not, this the point here to have a RC motor to located in the chassis and have good power and high speed.
  • 2 years, 1 month ago Jorre79 Level 16 PRO
    I like this MOC, very nice!
    It's on my buildinglist for the near future right now!
    I also own a Buwizz but am a bit dissappointed by the control schemes... You can't create one by yourself like SBrick does...
    How do you activate the lights? I assume you can't drive while the lights are on?
    Thx!
      Hello, yes it has no enough placed to plug the two light on the ouput for motor, therefore they are connected to two other ouput. I do not know if the buwizz can have button in the interface in order to lihgt them on.
  • 2 years, 1 month ago Renji Level 13
    Incredible and outstanding MOC. One more for my wish list. Well done.
  • 2 years, 1 month ago asiadream Level 13
    Can I use sbrick & lego battery box instead of Buwizz?
      Yes but the battery box has not enough place behind the seat so I think you have to rework the fixation of the seat to gain 2 studs. :)
to your account to add or reply to comments.
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load