The Iron Giant

FOLLOWERS

A massive build of a custom LEGO Iron Giant figure with 27 points of articulation. Completed build is 818 parts and you can build his laser gun arm and superman torso.

Instructions are available to purchase. Comes with 115 page PDF instruction book, parts list and .io file for easy uploading and part ordering on Bricklink.

Buy this MOC

Want to buy this MOC to build? You'll need to buy the parts and the building instructions using the tabs below.
Login to hide ads!

MOC-14898

Name The Iron Giant
Designer buildbetterbricks
Designed 2018
Inventory 818
Theme Other

25 COMMENTS

• 6 months, 3 weeks ago RexBuss83 (96)
    Edit: just bought the instructions!
    Love it!
    I'm about to buy everything to build it.
    Are there any rare parts?
  • 7 months, 1 week ago macetat (213)
    It´s such a great idea building the Iron giant and additionally you have the skills to make it real in such a superb way... Chapeau!
  • 7 months, 1 week ago cnrnln (2125) MOC Designer
    Jaw-dropping… this is beautiful. Well done.
  • 7 months, 3 weeks ago Sixaola (435)
    I have built this MOC and I love it. It is super sturdy and poseable. I love how it looks next to the Voltron Lego Ideas set. 

It is a superb construction and everyone loves it when I take it to conventions and expositions. Now, the only section I would look to modify would be the waist. I think it doesn't have a smooth movement  and doesn't have the same sense of sturdiness that the rest of the build has. 

But in general, I loved it and I think it is an impressive set.
  • 7 months, 3 weeks ago t77 (10203)
    Wonderful view ! I'm currently not so active in building, I'm following my own designing project but I hope to have the time to built this MOC very soon ! Very excellent work !
  • 7 months, 4 weeks ago EmpireBricks (2370) MOC Designer
    This ia beauty, definitely on my wanted list now!
  • 8 months, 1 week ago brick_dd (2510) MOC Designer
    Amazing build. This movie is loved in my household.
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago Gixergaz (2373) PRO
    Great build,,,looks fantastic just make him bigger 13inch not tall enough...still awesome
  • 1 year ago TGR (340)
    I have just built this model and have one thing to say... WOW.

I have built a few MOCs over the years and most of the LEGO Technic range and building this ranks up there with the best of them. I said that if LEGO ever made a version of Iron Giant I would be there to buy it but was dismayed that the one in the running on ideas was rejected So when I found this one it was a quick decision. It brought back so many memories of watching the film with my kids that it just had to be done. The instructions are very good and arrived within seconds of making the payment to Buildbetterbricks. The first thing I did was to build the model in LDD.  I have often found that an inventory list has items marked in colours which, when built, are irrelevant so building the LDD version allowed me to order cheaper internal pieces. 

The model is big and builds well with no major traumas getting bits into place. I have modified the idea slightly by getting rid of the 1x1 round stack Hogarth character and replacing it with a minifig boy; it works well and scaling isn't too bad.  I have also added a small baseplate and a couple of trees to finish it off as a diorama. Next plan is to build the red car that was in the film and the CHRISTINE model in the MOC pages looks perfect. 

Overall 10/10 and if you are hesitating on this one then just do it. :-)

TGR
  • 1 year ago RoboTIC (173)
    Sorprendente construcción, FELICIDADES !
  • 1 year, 1 month ago MrKeks (176)
    This one is so great it makes a lot of fun building it and it is very nice decoration for my desk :)
  • 1 year, 1 month ago youarenotwill (209)
    Awesome build! To bad you couldn't include the dent in the head. I have an idea: a bust of the giant that's the same height with a way to wire LEDs so you could light up the eyes with optional dent and eye color.
  • 1 year, 2 months ago psmyth (6612)
    this is very good...well done!!
  • 1 year, 3 months ago Khai Kukmor (2456) MOC Designer
    Very very super model!!
    Thats incredible!
  • 1 year, 3 months ago AnimaLupi (16)
    Hello, very nice model!
    Can you publish a couple more photos (one from the front with him standing, for example)?
    Thanks!
  • 1 year, 3 months ago Chaogeili (1581)
    Hi
    That is great MOC. Will you provide the ldd file when I purchase the instruction ?
  • 1 year, 3 months ago TeagueO (35644) MOC Designer
    Oh! This is great, really cute movie, this model is super.
to your account to add or reply to comments.
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Instructions:
PDF - Generated from LDD
Cost:

Please Log In

Sorry, but you need to be logged in to buy these instructions so that you can download them again at any time. Login or quickly signup using the form below.
Help Guide - BI File Types
Submitted by welshback Sept. 22, 2018