Executor class Star Dreadnought

FOLLOWERS

Executor Super Star Destroyer Instructions. 
Brick count - 7284
Size - 132x49x20cm
Weight - 4kg
instruction by Legolijntje

Package includes:
-940 PDF pages of professional instruction manual.
-complete LDD file
-5120x2880 high res wallpaper JPEG images 

Please contact [email protected] for purchase.

Executor class Star Dreadnought by one case, on Flickr

Executor Instruction by one case, on Flickr

Executor Instruction by one case, on Flickr

Login to hide ads!

MOC-15881

Name Executor class Star Dreadnought
Designer onecase
Designed 2018
Inventory 7284 parts
Theme Star Wars

50 COMMENTS

• 1 day, 14 hours ago brickaddict56 Level 8 MOC Designer
    Hi, are the 2 x 2 x 10 Supports at the front and back of the ship neccessary because the build looks incredible but they stick out a bit from the rest of the stand. I really like what wxzhrs has done with his stand. Is it possible to use something else in Trans-Clear or not use them? Cheers.
  • 1 month ago legolamaniac Level 9 MOC Designer
    Such a magnificent beast! 
    I have finally managed to source all the parts (with a few colour substitutes to keep the cost a little bit down). Now will attempt to build the entire thing in one sitting on a 24 hour charity livestream on May 2nd! So excited, going to be tons of fun! =D I'll be sure to upload some images when I am done.
  • 3 months ago Yalp Level 3
    Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster. Did anyone run in to issues attaching the bottom plates as per page 482 of instructions? There seems to be a black 2x1 brick with axle hole thats by the front leg stand thats preventing it from smoothly attaching. It pushes out the bottom plate preventing me from properly attaching it as per instructions. Kinda difficult to describe. Some pics below.
    https://imgur.com/a/yLZAoT2
    • 2 months, 3 weeks ago derdiddi Level 4
      I have the same problem. Looks like the handles are way too short, cause of blocking black 2x1. Do you found a solution @Yalp?
      • 2 months, 3 weeks ago Yalp Level 3
        Glad to hear its not just me!
        Sort of found a solution that worked for me. There's a 4 x12 plate (see attached, I think I highlighted right one) that the black brick from the stand is hitting right on the edge causing the issue. I ended up replacing it with 3 2x6 plates while leaving the area right under where the black brick would go empty.
        https://imgur.com/a/46eouhq
        • 2 weeks, 2 days ago Sidewinder131 Level 3
          I just removed the two 2x1 and used a shorter axle. Works fine!
    • 1 month, 2 weeks ago 302903778 Level 4
      I have this MOD        I'm from china ,but i have china made .
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago e1m1 Level 9 MOC Designer
    can someone who build it compare it to the lego one? 'cause i have the lego ucs one and would know how onecase' masterpieces look in compharison.
    btw i own your small rebell star destroyer and it looks amazing :)
    • 3 months, 2 weeks ago Deltara Level 3
      I haven't built it yet, by it is way more detailed than the Lego kit. It is truer to the original filming model than the Lego kit.
    • 3 months, 1 week ago gradientArray Level 11 MOC Designer
      Comparing the UCS one to this is really not a fair competition. Onecase's SSD completely blows the UCS set by a far long shot. If you could I'd scrap or sell the LEGO UCS SSD and buy the parts for this one ;)
    • 3 months ago LordLigma Level 4
      I would check the measurements for the executor ucs lego one and compare to the ones here listed in the description. It gives you a rough estimate of the lengths.
    • 3 months ago Commander_Cody Level 12 MOC Designer
      The lego set has a completely flat bottom and the angles of the hulls are way too skinny and completely wrong, whereas this one is pretty much perfect
      • 3 months ago e1m1 Level 9 MOC Designer
        all right all right. looks like i have to save a bunch of money to get this own as a replacement of my lego ucs one
  • 3 months, 4 weeks ago lars0703 Level 3
    I've received my package but I've got no instructions. Does anyone have these, because right now I'm pretty frustrated I just have a large box of bricks I cannot use... :|
    • 3 months, 3 weeks ago gradientArray Level 11 MOC Designer
      You're supposed to buy the instructions from Onecase...
    • 2 weeks, 2 days ago Sidewinder131 Level 3
      Buy Onecase's Instructions. I got instructions with my china package but still bought his instructions thats honestly the least you should do.
  • 4 months, 1 week ago KrissThies Level 4
    Just half way through the build but this is the best thing I've ever build! Those details are incredible! Looking forward to build the Monarch next! Keep those sick models coming!
  • 6 months ago HiT Level 11
    just curious, how long do you keep this on display before you take it apart? or this is a permanent thing?
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago DarthDesigner Level 17 MOC Designer
    Just curious, how much time did you spend on this?
  • 6 months, 4 weeks ago GenGuderian Level 4
    Hello, I am new to this community. This design is absolutely fantastic. I have an issue though. I started the build the other day. On page 137 of the instructions it states that you need to place a dark grey 2x16 piece. For the life of me I can't find where this goes. I could not tell from the pics and have since skipped ahead and I'm up to page 264. Onecase, please help. Thanks.
    • 6 months, 3 weeks ago onecase Level 8 Designed this MOC
      please email [email protected] for problems.
    • 4 months, 1 week ago KrissThies Level 4
      hi bro! have you found out about your problem! you missed it cause the model was turned around from page 136 to 137.
  • 8 months, 1 week ago Heinz551 Level 10 MOC Designer PRO
    I have just finished building this model, and it is absolutely amazing!
    The size and scale of this thing is incredible, it really puts it into perspective just how much of a monster the real ship would be (in the Star Wars universe). The designer has done a great job of creating the unique 'dagger' shape and capturing the immense amount of detail, particularly around the 'city' area. The included ISD does a great job of 'finishing off' the model.

Build wise it is great, OneCase uses some interesting techniques to create the detail and finds new ways to use pieces that I bet even Lego's top designers haven't thought of. Its a very challenging build at times and certainly not for the faint hearted beginner, it certainly put my skills to the test and I'm sure I ran out of English swear words! But I enjoyed every minute of this build. I sadly have to dismantle my model now as it fills my workbench and I don't have the space to keep it assembled permanently. I will be building this again sometime in the future and now I look forward to collecting the parts for OneCase's Monarch ISD, which will be my next 'big build' project.
    I would score this build a solid 10/10 and would certainly recomend it to anyone who enjoys building large scale Star Wars mocs!
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago TurboRatRods Level 32 MOC Designer PRO
    Copyrights and LEGO - a very unique situation.  A copyright belongs to the first person that creates something.  NOT the first person to register the creation.  If you are serious about a copyright, you should register it, but it is not a requirement to own the copyright.  Patents are just the opposite - first person to register it, owns it.

So back to LEGOs.  First person to put any given two LEGO parts together owns the copyright, unless of course they have signed an agreement with the people paying them that states otherwise.  When you buy a LEGO kit or individual parts, part of the price is for use of the copyright owned by LEGO.  They are giving you permission to assemble your LEGOs any way you want.

MOCs - To prove a copyright on a MOC, you would have to prove that you were the first person to make every single connection in the creation.  Consider the odds that someone at LEGO didn't do it first.  This makes it virtually impossible to own a copyright on a MOC.  You could claim ownership, but claiming and owning in this situation are two different things.  What MOC creators do own and have exclusive copyrights to are the Instructions they made and the Photos they have taken - they were the first to create them.  Making copies of the Instructions and the Photos without the owners permission is copyright infringement. Doesn't matter if you sell the copies or give them away, it is infringement.

Can you create a new and different set of assembly Instructions that end up with the same MOC?  Yes, you can.  You would even own the copyright to that set of Instructions - unless, of course, the software agreement you agreed to stated otherwise.  An example would be an Automobile Factory Service Manual vs an after market service manual.  Same repair completed, different instructions (text, pictures, videos) on how to do the same task.

Reverse engineering a MOC - are you infringing on a copyright?  No, you are not.  In my opinion it is very inconsiderate and also kind of stupid.  The inconsiderate part should be rather self-explanatory.  The stupid part - divide the cost of the Premium Instructions by the hours you would spend reverse engineering to see how many cents/hour you are working for.  I tried it a few times, if it is over a hundred parts, it is not a very economical use of your time.  NOTE - I have noticed some of the Premium MOCs don't always have a completely accurate inventory listed on Rebrickable.  Maybe by accident, maybe not?

Bottom line - you can assemble, store, and sell your LEGOs in any way, shape, or form that you want.

I spent a lot of time digging into this, including getting input from copyright lawyers in the United States.  If you have doubts, I suggest you do your own research.  Lawyers "love" to disagree with each other.  I did not get input on International copyright laws - see the part about Lawyers "love" to disagree with each other.  ;-)
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago methuselah Level 3
    About to build this bad boy. Did anyone try to add lighting and if so do you have any examples and experiences to share? Thinking engines, long edges between upper/bottom plates as well as the city parts would benefit from lights.
    • 8 months, 2 weeks ago onecase Level 8 Designed this MOC
      follow @hansoloridesbikes at instagram for Executor lighting info.
      • 8 months ago methuselah Level 3
        Unfortunately, @hansoloridesbikes did not respond to my message nor accept my instagram request. Any tips on alternative sources for lighting options would be appreciated.
        • 8 months ago onecase Level 8 Designed this MOC
          I'm sorry but that was the only contact I know.
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago dwpeat Level 4
    Vonado have just added this on their site. I questioned whether  they had permission/rights to use the design and they said they have. I'm guessing that's not true?
    • I don't know if they have permission or not (though, I doubt it), but they even shamelessy used images from other builders on their page. They couldn't even care to take some pictures themselves? Pfff.
    • 8 months, 2 weeks ago gradientArray Level 11 MOC Designer
      @onecase did you approve these people in selling your MOC? Did you approve them to use your pictures too? Seems pretty lazy for a business.... I can bet their products are pretty lazily made...
    • 8 months, 2 weeks ago onecase Level 8 Designed this MOC
      Selling bricks is not my concern, only if the customers buy the instruction from me. They did 'inform' me that they are selling my design.
      I'm newly reacquainted with Lego now that I'm old enough for my disposable income to cope :-) so I was naive about the whole "fake" brick thing and them using other peoples designs and have to admit to buying the Iron Giant MOC from them after being shocked at the price of buying the bits separately.
      From that experience, you don't have to buy the instructions separately,  they send you a pdf, so I'd be surprised if the Executor is any different.
      My wife is also "new" to the idea of being married to a Lego enthusiast. I'm afraid the thought of the Executor may be a stretch too far for her at the moment :-) Maybe one day.
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago gradientArray Level 11 MOC Designer
    "Impressive, most impressive". Finished this MOC and it really looks like I bought a vintage model from the studio. Everything just looks amazing! The size, the proportions, and the amount of detail is fantastic. I really love the city detail and the little detail on the "wings" of the SSD. I guess the only thing I dont like might be the technic axles to cover the gap on the front wings since they will fall off pretty easily when you move the model, but asides from that, this is an proper SSD. Makes legos version look like a play model. Anyhow, great work as always onecase. I look forward to your future MOCs with great interest ;)
    Cheers!
  • 9 months ago brickvoyeur Level 3
    This is such a great model. The Chinese bootleggers agree, as they have stolen your model and are selling it. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
  • 9 months ago wxzhrs Level 12 MOC Designer
    Absolutely brilliant! Definitely the best LEGO Executor ever!
  • 9 months, 2 weeks ago stanley_TWJLKESX Level 5
    onecase,  I really like this model, but I dont know how to buy the instruction,   thx,
Load More Comments
to your account to add or reply to comments.
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Building Instructions For Sale

This is a Premium MOC, and the instructions to build it are being sold by the designer (onecase) for $30.00

You will receive building instructions of type PDF - Computer Images from the designer once you have organised payment with them.

Help Guide - BI File Types