42078 Forklift

FOLLOWERS

This is a modified version of 42079 Heavy Duty Forklift, built as an alternate of 42078 Mack Anthem.

I had to modify quite a lot of things:
- Because I couldn't use a worm gear the mechanism to lift the fork includes more gears.
- Then with no worm gear the fork would lower itself by weight, so I included a seemingly useless gear inside the body which brings friction to the transmission.
- The engine is a four cylinder Mack style engine. And it's mounted lower than in the original forklift.
- Because of missing flexible axles I came up with a solution for a door.
- The rear mudguards are shorter because there weren't enough 1x4 half beams. So I made the whole wheelbase 1 stud shorter, which also helped to make the smaller wheels look less lost.
- There is a transmission with two 8 tooth gears inside the body of the original which could not be replicated with the parts, so I redesigned the internal structure completely.
- The fork is mounted differently because I was missing angled beams in the right length. So I used a construction with angled connectors instead.
- And some more changes.

A string is not part of 42078's inventory and has to be added.
Login to hide ads!

MOC-17513

Name 42078 Forklift
Designer Nequmodiva
Designed 2018
Parts 710
Theme Technic > Model
Alternate Build of 42078-1 Mack Anthem
Free Picnic Blanket with purchase
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Help Guide - BI File Types

This MOC also has a 3D digital file available (eg LDD, MPD, etc): 3D Model

Submitted by 23 June 25, 2019
Submitted by Garin March 20, 2019
Submitted by Shaggydoo March 15, 2019