VW Beetle Cabrio

FOLLOWERS

This is a modification of the VW beetle cabrio by Lucky-Ramses.
I thought for a long time if I should append my results to the MOC of Lucky-Ramses, or if I should submit another MOC. I finally decided to submit another MOC, because I assume that users will find it easier then. But I want to point out that the key features of the MOC of Lucky-Ramses (bodywork, and the basic structure of the cabrio roof) are very fine indeed! These basic features of the MOC of Lucky-Ramses made it  possible for me to build the cabrio at all. Thank you, Lucky-Ramses!

So why is my VW Beetle Cabrio another MOC?

The following features are My Own Creation:
• I modified the build of the cabrio roof so that I was able to build it with the parts in my pile, resulting in a modified connection between beetle body and roof. As a side effect, it is finally easier to connect, I think.
• Also, I built the roof "non-studless", while the rest of the beetle is nearly studless designed. I think this gives a neat contrast between the "sheet metal" bodywork and the "fabric" cabrio roof.
• The cabrio roof may be wider, according to photos of the original beetle cabrio. Thus I enlarged its wide from 10 studs to 12 studs.
• For the cabrio, the ventilation slots are not in the narrow part above the bonnet, but in the bonnet itself, according to photos of the original beetle cabrio. Thus I modified the bonnet.
• I re-worked the modifications of the basic beetle, so that it results to a true ALT build of the 10252 - except of the black parts for the cabrio roof, of course. The cabrio roof itself is made from very basic bricks found in nearly every household. :-)
• And finally, I made proper, working step-by-step PDF instructions (which is actually the flaw of the MOC of Lucky-Ramses). Since I made the instructions not for Lucky-Ramses' MOC but for my solution, it was best to publish the instructions as a part of another MOC.
Login to hide ads!

MOC-22257

Name VW Beetle Cabrio
Designer fgee
Designed 2019
Inventory 999
Theme Creator > Creator Expert
Modification of 10252-1 Volkswagen Beetle
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Help Guide - BI File Types

This MOC also has a 3D digital file available (eg LDD, MPD, etc): 3D Model