4100 Ox cruiser

FOLLOWERS

I had a funny idea to combine the two types of windscreen together to create a big version. From there it was a small step to create the head of this model. With the head as a starting point I built the body from there onwards. As this was a high blocky design my main goal was to give it as much curve and shape as possible because else it would just be boring. That took a lot of tinkering while not using the angular plates at all, to my own surprise. I had made a gap between the wedge bricks and realized I cut put the engines there if I used them sideways. That lead to structural issues for the rest of the model so I had to put in quite a bit of work to get that working. Another problematic section was the back end. I disliked the first version and completely redid it, by extending it a little and using the angular plates to add some dynamic. The basic top and bottom sections basically were good from the start so I didn't change them that much. Only on the top section I added the black engine section because I lacked white bricks to extend the top section all the way to the back. Finishing off the model proved to require a bit more trying than usual. This set has a lot of small parts but they have all kinds of colors. The challenge is to use them to right effect and put them in the right place to balance things out. It took some trying to use as much of them while retaining a complimentary setup. I am quite satisfied with the result. The model has a fairly good color scheme although with so many red parts and less of the other colors it's not that difficult to accomplish. This is a bit of an unusual model but it is good to get out of the comfort zone as it provides you with fresh approaches.
Login to hide ads!

MOC-24451

Name 4100 Ox cruiser
Designer drosse
Designed 2019
Parts 183
Theme Designer Sets
Alternate Build of 4100-1 Maximum Wheels
Free Picnic Blanket with purchase
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Use LEGO Digital Designer to open these files and generate step by step building instructions.