Lego Batman 3 The Batmobile (1989)

FOLLOWERS

Design based on Lego Batman 3 - The Batmobile (1989)
Login to hide ads!

MOC-2495

Name Lego Batman 3 The Batmobile (1989)
Designer GreenLantern
Designed 2015
Inventory 405 parts
Theme Super Heroes > Batman

30 COMMENTS

• 4 months, 3 weeks ago VoidSerpent Level 12 MOC Designer
    Just an interesting moment: this MOC is now released (with a very few changes) as an official TLG set: https://rebrickable.com/sets/40433-1/1989-batmobile-limited-edition.
    Is that a time when TLG makes "Official MOCs" of the AOFLs' models?
    • 4 months, 3 weeks ago GreenLantern Level 11 Designed this MOC
      I'm not sure I can take too much credit for the design, since I reversed engineered it by making Superman pick up the car in the Lego Batman 3 video game.
      • 4 months, 3 weeks ago VoidSerpent Level 12 MOC Designer
        Ahhh, it may also explain why they are like twin-brothers))) Anyways your were 4 year forward, and I like this MOC more, personally.
  • 2 years, 10 months ago RedWolves Level 5
    I finally finished mine.  Was fun to put together although the LDD instructions are frustrating I finally imported it to stud.io and figured it out from that.  http://imgur.com/a/FBqiK
    • 2 years, 10 months ago GreenLantern Level 11 Designed this MOC
      Good call. The instructions in LDD were tough. Good work! Looks awesome!
  • 3 years, 2 months ago GreenLantern Level 11 Designed this MOC
    Thanks! It's pretty fun to put together.
  • 3 years, 8 months ago blogzilly Level 10
    This is friggin AWESOME. LEGO needs to make one.
    • 3 years, 7 months ago GreenLantern Level 11 Designed this MOC
      Thanks! It's pretty fun to to put together.
  • 3 years, 8 months ago LegoPercyJ Level 2
    This is a fantastic build. Thanks for the instructions. ii can't wait to build one myself!
  • 4 years, 6 months ago DangerLiam Level 5 MOC Designer
    I've built this MOC today and found it really good fun, there are some fiddly bits of the build but they are caused by Digital Designer trying to instruct you in a really strange order. Once it is all together its a very sturdy build and I would highly recommend it for any DC Lego collector. The only pieces I couldn't track down in black are the barrles and the front tip but both of these work fin in dark grey.
    • 4 years, 6 months ago zoomatomic Level 10 MOC Designer
      yeah I had trouble with the LDD also, ended up kind of building sections then sticking them together, I did manage to get the barrels in black though. I'm also going to change the windscreens to either trans-black or full black to represent the movie a bit better. I also cheated a bit with the tip and painted it black
  • 4 years, 6 months ago zoomatomic Level 10 MOC Designer
    Well, I've built it and it looks great, instruction a bit fiddly but end result is excellent, cheers
    • 4 years, 6 months ago GreenLantern Level 11 Designed this MOC
      Thanks for sharing. I'm glad that there's another one of these out there.

Agreed on the instructions. I had LDD create them for me and they are definitely not the best, but serviceable. I recommend just downloading the LDD file.
  • 4 years, 7 months ago zoomatomic Level 10 MOC Designer
    some parts are not available in black :(
    • 4 years, 7 months ago GreenLantern Level 11 Designed this MOC
      The only part that should be black that I was unable to get in black was 58176. I got it in dark metallic silver instead.
      • 4 years, 7 months ago zoomatomic Level 10 MOC Designer
        also cant get 4274 in black but it wont be seen anyway.also cant get 98138 in dark grey.

I order flat silver and light grey 58176, might try paint the light grey with black acrylic paint if the silver doesn't look good.

thanks again great build
        • 4 years, 7 months ago GreenLantern Level 11 Designed this MOC
          Oh that's right! I updated those parts on the list on rebrickable so you could actually buy the pieces, but not on in the LDD file.

I guess as batman put it, "I only work in black, and sometimes really, really dark gray."

Let me know what you think if you end up building it.
to your account to add or reply to comments.
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Use LEGO Digital Designer to open these files and generate step by step building instructions.