Ecto 1

FOLLOWERS

The vehicle used for the Ecto-1 was a 1959 Cadillac professional chassis, built by the Miller-Meteor company. The ambulance/hearse combination was the end loader variety. Dr. Ray Stantz found the vehicle shortly after he mortgaged his mother's house to buy the Firehouse. Because of his mechanical skills, he was able to repair the vehicle, which he acquired for $4,800.
After repairs were completed, the vehicle had quite a unique character. It became a well-recognized symbol for the Ghostbusters franchise. The vehicle had enough room in it to store Proton Packs for all of the crew, along with Ecto Goggles, P.K.E. Meters, and a slew of Traps.

Buy this MOC

Want to buy this MOC to build? You'll need to buy the parts and the building instructions using the tabs below.
Login to hide ads!

MOC-30590

Name Ecto 1
Designer FabrizioP
Designed 2019
Inventory 1887 parts
Theme Creator > Creator Expert

37 COMMENTS

• 2 months, 4 weeks ago vded Level 16 PRO
    Finished this wonderful model, thanks Fabrizio. :)
    Although some hints and tips - after had built countless mocs - this one is very difficult because of the SNOT techniques and the average help instructions. Some pieces are missing totally from the model and you see just some plates hovering in the air.
    Also, some steps because of the SNOT has pieces that don't connect nowhere floating in the air and it's very difficult to proceed with the building. The instructions need one or two steps to be better.
    The blue hoses on the side there is no way to fit them if you follow the instructions. They just don't fit in the technic pins. I left them out and replaced the space with a slope.
    Finally, when the model is ready 100% you'll have many spare pieces. So, there are many mistakes in the inventory.
    I'll upload some pics as soon as I receive the BL order to change some floating things here and there.
    Fabrizio thank you for the eye candy model though when it's finished. :)
  • 3 months ago Danox27 Level 7
    I paid for and downloaded the instructions zip file, but it only has instructions PDF 1 & 2 out of 6!?
    • 3 months ago FabrizioP Level 11 Designed this MOC
      into the download you will find the partlist in pdf, istructions 01 and 02 in pdf, stickers in psd format and a XML file for make bricklink wanted list.
  • 3 months, 1 week ago Virtualmaker Level 6
    I have almost finished the construction of this model, beautiful and with excellent aesthetics! If you want to turn the rear wheel, you have to make a compromise, remove a component and raise the rear slightly. Since it has a very long wheelbase, little is noticed and gives a touch more racing. Congratulations again for the model!
    • 3 months, 1 week ago vded Level 16 PRO
      Thanks for the feedback, I'm at 99% gathering the parts.
    • 3 months ago FabrizioP Level 11 Designed this MOC
      thank you for your suggestion and for your feedbak!!
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago Robbert Level 6
    Another parts error.
    Trans-Clear Brick Round, 2x2 with Axle Hole,
     needs 4, in stead of 2!
    • 4 months, 3 weeks ago vded Level 16 PRO
      Thanks for the info buddy, so we can update our wanted list.
    • 4 months, 2 weeks ago FabrizioP Level 11 Designed this MOC
      parts list on rebrickable updated
      thank you
    Parts error, list say's 6 x Brick Round 2x2 with Axle Hole, Light Bluish Gray, but instruction's say's need 8!!
    But so far, it's nice to build!!
      parts list on rebrickable updated
    Dear Fabrzio,
    just start to build the Ecto, but the rear wheels can't turn, because they are stuck between the White Slope inverted and the Black Plate special with one pinhole.
    Mayby the diameter of the tires is to big?
    Do you have a solution for this problem, or is the car desinged this way, so it can't roll at all??
    By the way,nice to build, very detailed!!
    Grt Robbert
      hi Robbert
      sorry but....yes, the wheels behind do not turn. it is an aesthetic compromise. it is a design model not to be played :P :P
      can you contact me to my mail? [email protected] i have some questions for you. thanks
  • 5 months ago SINTAX Level 11
    This is incredible! Does anyone know the dimensions by chance?
    • 4 months, 3 weeks ago FabrizioP Level 11 Designed this MOC
      yes...the lenght is (about) 56centimeters and the width is (about) 15cm
  • 5 months, 1 week ago Pioneer4x4 Level 13 MOC Designer
    WOW, great job, especially the fins, trim, edge details...
      the rear part are the most diffciult to make
      thank you
      • 4 months, 3 weeks ago Pioneer4x4 Level 13 MOC Designer
        Also, I like how good your photos are of the details.  You could make a nice model of a plain Cadillac as well from your style.
  • 5 months, 1 week ago vded Level 16 PRO
    Just bought the instructions, amazing job!!!!
      thank you very much, hope you like it
  • 5 months, 1 week ago PsiborgVIP Level 18 MOC Designer
    Now this is a quality build. The details are spot-on and, as mentioned already, the design of the rear is genius.  Congratulations on a well thought out MOC
      thank you for call me genius :D
  • 5 months, 1 week ago gjpauler Level 10
    Personally, I think that this is the best Ecto-1 ever, with tail solution at artistic quality. But later my ghost will condemn it of course.
      thank you!!!-....but your ghost...?
  • 5 months, 1 week ago 1963maniac Level 18 MOC Designer
    WHEW!!! That is creative excellence with the Lego medium.
      yes, i'ts a creator scale :D
      thank you!!
  • 5 months, 1 week ago Leo1 Level 16 MOC Designer
    Amazing!
to your account to add or reply to comments.
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Instructions:
PDF - Computer Images
Cost:

Please Log In

Sorry, but you need to be logged in to buy these instructions so that you can download them again at any time. Login or quickly signup using the form below.
Help Guide - BI File Types