Moderately Sized ISD with Full Interior

FOLLOWERS

I'm pleased to present the Moderately Sized ISD (a/k/a the ISD Aggressor or the "mini-Tyrant").  It's an ISD MOC that attempts to maximize exterior detail, interior detail, and playability.

Details:
- 15310 parts
- Instructions are step-by-step, professional-quality pdfs.  There are eight volumes totaling 1291 pages.
- Interior includes bridge, barracks, canteen, conference room, and more.
- Hangar carries two folding TIE Fighters.
- Press a button to launch probe droids.
- Turbolasers rotate in unison by turning one of the main engines.
- Model features an original structure and design (NOT based on set 10030).
- Easy to remove top panels for (relatively) quick access to the interior
- Weight: ~27 lbs (12.25 kgs)
- Length: ~37 inches (94 cm) (i.e., approximately the same length as set 10030)

Model by Raskolnikov (Doomhandle)
Instructions by Legolijntje

NOTE:  This model is intended for very advanced and patient builders.  If you attempt it, please take your time and check your work at each step.  Small mistakes during the building process could result in significant issues (i.e., modules not fitting together properly) later on.

Due to the size of the build and the length of the instructions, we also cannot guarantee that the build is error free. We have done our best, but please let us know if you have any feedback or if you run into any issues. If you have a question about a specific part of the build, taking a picture would be really helpful.

We will attempt to update the instructions periodically.  If you purchase the instructions, links to any updated versions will be emailed to your paypal email address.

This took a lot of work, we hope you enjoy it :)

OLD UPDATES
- August 5, 2017: Version 1.1 of the instructions uploaded. Parts list changes: two lbg 1x1 round plates replaced with two lbg 1x1 round plates with hole [part 85861], one lbg 1x1 tile removed.
- August 7, 2017: Version 1.2.1 uploaded. Parts list changes: Thirty-six lbg 1x2 tiles replaced with lbg 1x2 grilles, two lbg 2x2 turntable bases changed to black for cost reasons, two lbg 3L bars added.
- August 22, 2017: Version 1.3.1 uploaded. No significant parts list changes.
Login to hide ads!

MOC-9018

Name Moderately Sized ISD with Full Interior
Designer raskolnikov
Designed 2017
Inventory 15310
Theme Star Wars
Gingerbread House

50 COMMENTS

• 2 weeks, 5 days ago Daz39 (6K) PRO
    Question - if it's not already answered. If this is, as mentioned, only a little larger than the old 10,030 - where are all the extra parts? Is it mostly interior? or does this use a lot more smaller pieces for greater detail?
    Totally awesome btw. Now we just need someone to build an ISD minifig size and break the internet ;)
    • I think most of the extra parts come from the interior, the tiles on the outside of the ship and a bunch of extra greebling everywhere.
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago Digital_Cam (50)
    Hi Raskolnikov, youve probably gotten this question before, but I couldnt find anyone who had asked yet, have you considered selling the instructions for the tiefighters and other small ships youve done to go along with your MOCs? I am very much interested in those builds.
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago chrisboyd111 (260)
    Thanks for this.  I don't know if I'll ever build it, but I appreciate you making the Plus Sized AT-AT available for free so I want to support your work (just ordered all the parts for that one!).
  • 3 weeks, 2 days ago danlipman (27)
    Hey guys, what is the max width and height of this model? Making a cabinet for bigger models and would be nice to know full sizes.
    thanks
    • 3 weeks, 1 day ago raskolnikov (1469) MOC Designer
      Roughly 95 cm long, 60 cm wide, and 45 cm tall. I know this is down there in the comments somewhere, but I'll give you a pass since I think you have to load like 5 pages of posts to find it (hint hint to those who follow new comments and enjoy arguing on the internet a little too much).
  • 3 weeks, 2 days ago Virgilnz (39)
    Hi
    Is the video still available to help you attach the 2 bottom panels? Ive entered the link and it comes up with video not available :(
    Sounds like its recommended to watch before attempting.
    • 3 weeks, 2 days ago raskolnikov (1469) MOC Designer
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roItWo6iRhk
      (there's a capital I that looks like a lower case l)
      • 3 weeks, 2 days ago Virgilnz (39)
        Thank you!!
        Appreciate the quick reply, loving the build so far. With the new official LEGO release i appreciate how much more yours is in detail and technique!
        Its great ive been able to skip stages as i wait for parts to come in, ive completed the frame and have done the 2 bottom panels. Just needing to complete the inside once these parts arrive then i can attach them.
        Thanks again for your reply!
  • 1 month ago darth_dan (51)
    Hi, 
    New to this site but I am thinking of building this model. Apologies if this has already been asked but do the instructions have a parts list broken down into stages/books so you dont have to buy everything at once?
    Dan
    • 1 month ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
      The instructions are divided into different stages, but you'll have to find the respective parts list in the comments below. Rockpig made an Excel file that separates the pieces book by book. Best of luck.
        Perfect thank you! Would you be able to point me in the direction of the Excel files? Im still learning how this site works....
        Found it, I didnt see the "more comments" button :)
  • 1 month ago urlauber79 (65)
    Hi,
    I would like to know if there are building instruction for the big Tyrant?
    Greetings
    Sascha
    • 1 month ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
      There won't be. Raskolnikov has said multiple times already and it is unreasonable to do so.
  • 1 month, 1 week ago Scoobasteve (90)
    Hi there, Beautiful work! Is there a version of the parts list and instructions that is the exterior only?
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago urlauber79 (65)
    Hi Razkolnikov,
    is it possible to build it based on the 10030 model?
    Greetings
    So
    • 1 month, 3 weeks ago raskolnikov (1469) MOC Designer
      Hrm, probably not, you might be able to come up with a reinforced version of the 10030 frame that could support panels, but it’d probably be a significant project.
  • 2 months ago darthmarty (345)
    Raskolnikov, I just purchased the instructions! Been meaning to for a while. The MOC and the instructions look amazing! I'm glad to be able to support your work and I encourage others that want to build this to do so as well!
    Also, I saw the video on the Beyond the Brick youtube channel of your new Mon Cal Home One MOC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVuYxZK1_9w). I'm sure you're getting this question a lot, but will you be releasing instructions to purchase for it at some point down the road, once you've finished the design? Or a digital design file, if there is one? The Mon Cal ship looks amazing. It seems like there aren't many Home One designs out there. Also I love the swimming pool in it!
    I recognize that instructions for these large MOCs take a lot of time and effort, probably almost as much effort as the designing itself, but I would be very eager to support your work again if it will be available.
    • 2 months ago raskolnikov (1469) MOC Designer
      Thanks! Yeah we’ll see about the Mon Cal over the next couple months, it’s very possible. The parts cost would probably be substantial, though.
      • 2 months ago darthmarty (345)
        I bet it would be - so many curved pieces. That's okay, I would acquire parts very gradually, whatever I don't already have on hand. Take your time though, I'm only at 35% of the parts for the Aggressor and have a handful of other large MOCs I'm planning to build. I have a fairly decent parts collection, and I also opened a store on Bricklink to help fund parts I need by selling off parts I don't need. If at some point you're willing/able to share a parts inventory for the Mon Cal ship, that would be helpful, myself and others could start the gathering process. 
        I have about 90% of the parts for the Mortesv Nebulon-B MOC which I am very much looking forward to building soon, and I think Home One would look great with that scene, even though probably different scales (I think to scale with the Mortesv ships Home One would need to be about 10 ft long, not too practical for me). Actually, how long IS your Home One?
        • 2 months ago raskolnikov (1469) MOC Designer
          It's around 53 inches, so almost exactly to scale with the Victory-class Aggressor, based on the current canon length of Home One (1300 meters). Since Mon Cal cruisers are slimmer ships than Star Destroyers, it's only a few pounds heavier, though.
          • 1 month ago Polyprojects (1392) MOC Designer
            I've build the agressor a year ago. It was a unforgettable experience to build this cleverly designed ship. I've looked at the mon calamari ship and it looks stunning in every way. You've challenged the limits of what you can do with lego again. Stunning design. If there are instructions for this somewhere in the pipeline, I'll gladly spend some money for it. The previous ones were great but this one with all the round shapes seems even more challenging.
  • 2 months ago Lenzie (115)
    Superb MOC!  I've bought the instructions and I'm in the process of ordering parts.
    Can anyone who's built this or Raskolnikov please tell me the width and height (on stands) of this model? I want to determine if this is going to fit inside a large perspex display case that I already have.
    Thanks.
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago Beninlux (72)
    Hi
    Just building this amazing MOC and have a query.
    I'm using V1.3.1 and in book 1 p309 I only see two of those dark bluish grey Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel Top / Base, and the instructions says 4. Where do the other two go?
    Thanks everso much
    • 3 months, 3 weeks ago raskolnikov (1469) MOC Designer
      They're stacked up, two on each side. Should look like the image when placed on the structure--I believe they connect to technic bricks and the plates around them leave a little "slot" for the first one to fit into.
      • 3 months, 3 weeks ago Beninlux (72)
        Ah, I see, only one sticks out visibly because the other is recessed.
        Thank you, you're a total legend.
        (Might be back for Constrictor instructions in a few weeks!)
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago Armyshrek (76)
    Hi Raskolnikov, I started this project after 30 odd years away from Lego, I needed a hobby that was entirely for me, selfish I know.  Went into to bricklink, self taught and off I went.  It was an amazing build from start to finish, the build plans are brilliant.  Well worth the hours, time, money and stress spent sourcing parts and building this ISD.  The finished model is a work of art.  I would like to say another thank you to a builder called Bricksmarlin, he won’t know me but I have used his pictures and comments that he leaves on this and other websites, it really helped me.  Now to new adventures the Sandcrawler......

Cheers!
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago bigben318 (27)
    I would like the instruction for the bigger one the 35000+ piece
    • 3 months, 2 weeks ago greenpigs (1049)
         I have all of the same things as you and was able to get the pieces needed for $550. It has taken about 1 year and drained my supply of bricks but it is "affordable" if you can wait. The tiles are what was most expensive as I didn't have much to start with. I did have a fair amount of pieces but I think I could have done it from ground zero for $800ish. This isn't a cheap build regardless which is what I would remind myself so I spent about $50 a month and kept waiting.
      All I need now are to buy the instructions and hope I didn't miss many pieces when buying.
      • 3 months, 1 week ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
        Boom the difference between an inpatient and unmotivated person and a motivated and patient person who is not a whole whiner. Best of luck greenpigs! This is a well worth build!
      • 3 months ago Farfaraway19 (30)
        I’d love to know how as brinklink is quoting $7000 , but as a novice I’m maybe doing it wrong ? Any tips [email protected]
        • 2 months ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
          Thank you. Someone who gets it. And also, Lego SW UCS sets are not all that great. There just "close enough" models to satisfy casual fans and maybe big and hardcore fans. And comparing UCS sets to MOC's like the ISD Aggressor is like comparing a Toyota to a Ferrari.
  • 5 months, 4 weeks ago qlp122 (39)
    Can you add instructions to it please.
    • 5 months, 4 weeks ago Rubblemaker (788)
      <deleted>
      • 5 months, 4 weeks ago TurboRatRods (80K) MOC Designer PRO
        You've never had a bad day and couldn't see something for looking straight at it?  I'm guessing at 39 points they might still be learning the system here.  Just sayin'  . . . .
        • 3 months ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
          No his response is rightful. If your not thinking straight bc of a bad day I doubt you'll want to really do anything. Besides, looking at how he can't find instructions he probably will fail at making this...
          • 2 months ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
            ... The private profile means you can't see certain information about my account... It doesn't mean my MOC is made private, which would be stupid because why would anyone publicly publish anything where they don't want it to be shown. I think I get why you're having such a hard time making MOC's now. At least I'm not a whiner who just complains about my incompetence. Why not ask for help if your having such a hard time in just making a single MOC.
  • 5 months ago Armyshrek (76)
    <deleted>
  • 6 months ago BrickPoppa (57)
    Would using Dark Bluish gray for some of the 52 LBG 1x16 technic beams greatly affect the appearance of the build? Thank you
    • 6 months ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
      It will not. All of the LBG 1 x 16 beams are covered quite well from the outside.
  • 6 months, 1 week ago cartel230 (27)
    Hello Raskolnikov, great MOC! Any plans selling instructions for the Tyrant? Love to build such a massive and awesome MOC!
    • 6 months ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
      Sort of sad and I guess good that great MOC's like this and others have attracted more people, however, I think the wrong type of people... Sorry to use you (cartel) as an example, but people like this just come in and think they can just demand or ask builders to do or make what they want to see. Also, they just seem too ignorant to look through comments to examine responses to the MOC or even know the excruciating process of making instructions. And I'm pretty sure many of these people wont even be able to make these MOC's since they're not really LEGO fans but rather infatuated with the physical appearance of MOC's and dont even have any appreciation for builders of MOC's. Oh and to answer your question, read the comments below and you will find the answer.
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago watsonk1 (180)
    when fitting the bottom panels in book 3 is it a better idea to place the ship upside-down on a flat surface. I have watched the video regarding fitting and if think it leads itself to parts falling off. anyone who has already fitted it let me know/advise how you went and which method worked for you
    • 6 months, 1 week ago gradientArray (1575) MOC Designer
      That was alittle tricky when I did it too. I did what was done in the video but I vertically placed the frame on a wall or a chair so I could place the panels and I would turn it around and push the pins in. Make sure when you place the panels that it doesn't stick out and try to force it as much as you can onto the frame without breaking.
Load More Comments
to your account to add or reply to comments.
Already have some of the parts? Use the Build this MOC page to only show the parts you are missing.
Create an account to change the default filters used.

Waiting for Inventory to load

Building Instructions For Sale

This is a Premium MOC, and the instructions to build it are being sold by the designer (raskolnikov) for $25.00

You will receive building instructions of type PDF - Computer Images from the designer once you have organised payment with them.

Help Guide - BI File Types
Submitted by Rubblemaker Sept. 7, 2019
The Aggressor with my own top hull modifications. Full album on my flickr page at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157710727139542
Submitted by Rubblemaker Sept. 7, 2019
The Aggressor with my own top hull modifications. Full album on my flickr page at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157710727139542
Submitted by Rubblemaker Sept. 6, 2019
Submitted by acroporabonsai PRO July 10, 2019
Submitted by texgordon PRO April 29, 2019
Submitted by bricksmarlin March 22, 2019
Submitted by bricksmarlin March 22, 2019
Submitted by xCNapo Feb. 4, 2019
Submitted by BrickEnvy Jan. 18, 2019
Submitted by steveh Dec. 23, 2018
Submitted by danielvermeir Dec. 4, 2018